What are cookies?
- Allow the site to function correctly and to help keep it secure.
- Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you’ve entered, to recognise you as a site user and to personalise your visit.
- Collect basic information about the way you have used the site.
The cookies may also allow Walfrid Private ltd t/a Dentawealth to record additional information on the webpages you have visited and the contents of those webpages, any information you input, your referring URL or IP address, your time of visit and related session information, your requested page, web browser type, USR agent, status of request (successful reply), cookies, number of bytes in the response, and query string and any information or technical detail your browser is sending to us.
Walfrid Private ltd t/a Dentawealth uses this information to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for statistical reporting and in limited circumstances to prevent fraudulent claims.
How do we use them?
We use two classifications of cookies:
- Cookies that are defined as “strictly necessary” are required to help keep data safe. They allow you to move between different pages on our site. They also help to keep your details secure.
- Cookies that are defined as “not strictly necessary”. This type of cookie helps us improve the performance of our site. They tell us how pages are used, which ones are commonly viewed and help us piece together a full picture of a typical customer journey through the site. They also tell us if any errors occur.
There are three types of cookies on our websites which fall under the two classifications:
- Session cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Third party cookies
A session cookie exists only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Session cookies enable users to carry out essential tasks on our site, without them the site will not function correctly. This type of cookie expires as soon as you exit the browser you are using to view our website.
A persistent cookie will outlast a user’s session. This could be used to record a vital piece of information such as how the user initially came to this website or to record details about the last browsing session on the site. For this reason, persistent cookies are also called tracking cookies.
Third party cookies
Walfrid Private ltd t/a Dentawealth monitors this information to gather data about repeat visitors to our site and their user experience. This helps us ensure that improvements are consistently made to our sites based on your experiences. Google also reserve the rights to the data collected.
The Google Analytics features implemented by Walfrid Private ltd t/a Dentawealth include Remarketing and Double Click. These tools are used to advertise online, where the information obtained is used to inform, optimise, and advertise based on past visits to our site. These advertisements may be shown on sites across the Internet.
How to disable your cookies
Remember, if you refuse to accept cookies, certain critical elements of web sites will not function correctly.
Specific Cookies Used
- Google Analytics Cookies — These cookies are used to track how people use the site. These cookies include _utma, _utmb, _utmc, and _utmz.
- Account Cookies — If you have an account or comment on this site, cookies are used to verify you are the same person when you are logged in, and your preferences. These include cookies beginning with wordpress and wp-settings-.
- Cookie Message — Once you have been informed about cookies, a cookie is stored to track that you have seen the message, and it won’t be shown again. This cookie is named icc_cookie_message.
Version 2: May 24th 2018